This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Western Union
- 2 5 Reasons To Pick Western Union Over Others For Money Transfers Worldwide
- 3 How To Send Money Via App
- 4 How to Send Money Via Western Union Branch
- 5 How To Send Via Phone
- 6 How To Send Money Via Cash
- 7 Different Payment Options That One Gets
- 8 How Long Does It Take To Send Money
- 9 What’s the Transfer Limit With Western Union
- 10 How Safe Is Western Union
- 11 Why Choose Western Union
- 12 PROS
- 13 CONS
- 14 FAQs
About Western Union
Transferring money to other countries has become easier than ever. With the arrival of so many money transferring companies offering the quickest money transfer options, people have started using them rigorously. People all across the world especially potential investors and businessmen are using them more than anyone. The biggest reason is the slow and tiring bank transfers that often cause them losses. Along with that, many international workers and travelers also use these money transfer services to get money quickly and conveniently without getting into the tiring banking process.
Hence, the demand for international money transfer providers is increasing with each passing day. But, only a few of them live up to their commitment to offering quick, safe, and convenient money transfers to almost every country. Western Union is one such name that has been offering the fastest, quickest and the most convenient money transfer facility to it’s users since it’s inception.
5 Reasons To Pick Western Union Over Others For Money Transfers Worldwide
- Western Union is the most well-known and the oldest money transfer provider in the world. It has been in this business since 1851.
- It has an extensive network of agents across the world that makes it even better for the people who want to transfer money on a daily basis to other countries.
- It supports over 145 different currencies allowing customers to transfer money as per the currency of the recipient’s country.
- It offers money transfers to over 200 countries in the world with different payment methods and currencies.
- The service provider offers in-person cash pickups to almost every country, including remote places.
How To Send Money Via App
To transfer money via the Western Union app, you need to follow some essential steps:
- First of all, you need to log in or register yourself.
- Pick the option ‘Send Money’ to get started
- Pick the country where you need to transfer, the amount, and the currency of the recipient’s country.
- Pick the receiving method. Here, you need to select from the options bank transfer, cash pickup, mobile money transfers, etc.
- Cross-check the details furnished by you in order to initiate the transfer without making any mistakes.
How to Send Money Via Western Union Branch
- Find a branch near you
- Pay a visit to the branch along with a valid photo ID card and the recipient’s details.
- Make the payment at the branch or agent’s office for the amount you wish to transfer to your friend/family/business partner.
How To Send Via Phone
If you wish to send through your phone then you need to call the Telephone Money Transfer hotline number, 800-CALL-CASH. However, this facility is available for transferring money from the US to the US.
How To Send Money Via Cash
In case you wish to transfer money in cash then visit the app or website and select the option, Pay-in-store.
Visit any of the nearest Western Union branches and give your phone number and payment to initiate the transfer.
Different Payment Options That One Gets
Western Union is known for it’s versatile range of payment options, including:
- Credit/debit card
- Bank account
- Cash in store
- Wire transfer
How Long Does It Take To Send Money
Western Union doesn’t take much time to transfer money via any mode, except a bank transfer. Usually, a payment gets transferred within a few minutes if paid via credit/debit card for asked for cash pickup. However, it increases the transfer fee exponentially.
What’s the Transfer Limit With Western Union
It entirely depends upon your transaction history, country, and the service you have chosen. Any user will get the maximum transfer limit while going to the Send Money option.
However, the maximum limit that the Western Union offers is 40,000 SEK from the Sweden while using the bank transfer option. However, it’s not available in every country. One has to check the eligible countries list.
How Safe Is Western Union
Western Union leaves no stone unturned to let people transfer money all over the world safely and quickly. It uses stringent policies and security guidelines such as photo identification and tracking number verification to ensure money is sent to the right person without making any mistakes.
Also, the company keeps educating its agents and users about safety, frauds, scams, etc. It keeps flashing pop-ups and banners about the scams, frauds, and security protocols on its app and website to safeguard customers and agents.
Why Choose Western Union
If you are seeking:
- A company with a wide global network of agents in almost every country.
- A money transfer provider that offers over 130 currencies support with over 500000 agents’ locations all across the world.
- Flexible payment options such as bank transfers, cash payouts, bill payments, mobile wallet transfers, etc
- Business as well as personal transfers without facing any kind of delay or inconvenience
- It’s a licensed and regulated money transfer provider
- It has a global presence
- It offers highly flexible payment options
- It offers various transfer speeds to meet everyone’s expectations
- The fee structure is quite cumbersome
- It’s transfer fees are quite expensive
- There is a cap on the transfer limit
Is it possible to avoid transfer fees?
If you want to avoid transfer fees then pick the bank account transfer. It’s the only way where you can save yourself from paying the fee. However, it’s quite a time taking process. If you have a good amount of time on your hands then go with it.
Does it offer customer support?
Yes, it has a team of customer support representatives who can be reached via phone, live chat, or post.
Does it have a mobile app?
Yes, Western Union offers a mobile app that can be downloaded via PlayStore or AppStore to get started.
Can I cancel the transaction?
In case you change your mind then you can stop the money transfer by signing into your account. Go to the recent money transfer activity and cancel the transaction. The refund will be made via the same payment method that you used. However, if the money has been picked up by the recipient or deposited then you can’t cancel it.