Table of Contents
- 1 Western Union Review
- 1.1 About Western Union Money Transfer
- 1.2 How does it work?
- 1.3 Transfer Methods & Options Offered By Western Union
- 1.4 What are the prominent countries to send money to via Western Union?
- 1.5 Types of transfers one can make via Western Union
- 1.6 How much time does Western Union take to transfer the money?
- 1.7 Does it have a mobile app?
- 1.8 Why should one pick Western Union for money transfers?
- 1.9 PROS
- 1.10 CONS
- 1.11 Conclusion
Western Union Review
There is nothing new and surprising about the fact that people need the facility of money transfer once in their lifetime. This is a basic facility which is used by people all over the world. Earlier people used to transfer money via processes that were lengthy and used to take days to transfer the money. Here, we are talking about the traditional payment transfer methods such as banks and a good number of 3rd party agents who used to charge hefty fees.
But now with the introduction of the internet, money transfers have become easier, faster, as well convenient. Within a few clicks, one can easily transfer money via using online apps.
No wonder, there are many ways to transfer money but the one company which delivers ultimate results is Western Union Money Transfer. This company allows you to transfer money to around 200 countries all across the globe. It has made the money transfer facility a much-sorted process where people don’t have to fret about anything. One can choose different currencies without causing a dent in their pockets.
About Western Union Money Transfer
It is a US-based firm that offers multiple ways to transfer money worldwide. It was started in 1851 as a communications firm wherein it used to offer telegraph services. However, it migrated it’s business to money transfers in 2006. Since 2006, the company never looked back and has now become one of the major players in the money transfers business.
It is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, US. The company has over 50,000 agent locations across the world in more than 200 countries as well as territories. It is known to be the oldest money transfer company with the latest technology. The company offers domestic as well as international transfers in comparison to other transfer options. Also, it offers the freedom to fund a transfer with the help of cash as well as receive funds across the world in over 125 currencies via debit card, credit card, wire transfer, bank account, etc.
The company offers various methods to transfer the money which are via online method, via phone, by app, as well as in person. Western Union also offers the chance to monitor the money which the user has transferred with the help of its application. Moreover, its website does the same thing if you don’t have its application. The best thing about this company is that it has various physical locations all across the globe and has become a go-to solution for many people.
How does it work?
There are various ways to transfer money with the help of Western Union money transfers such as online, in person, through the application, as well as over a smartphone. However, there are also some cases where cash can be picked up on the same day.
Here are some of the ways to send money with the help of a Western Union:
- The initial step is to go to the official link of Western Union which is www.westernunion.com. Later, click on the option ‘send money.’
- Now type the country to which you are willing to send the money. The company allows every person to send their money to 200 plus countries all across the globe.
- Now you need to enter the amount which you want to send to the person in another country. Also, select the right currency which they will receive.
- The next step is to select the way the receiver will receive the money such as account transfer, cash pickup, cash delivery, etc.
- Depending on the payment method you will be able to the total cost of the transfer. If the transfer is between the bank account then it will be cheaper with a Western Union but it will take some time.
- To complete the transfer process, you will be asked to login into the official account of the Western Union. Or you need to create a new account.
- Later fill in all the details of the recipient or the receiver like name, contact number, etc. In case you are going to transfer to the recipient’s bank account then the bank account details are also required.
- Do the payment for the transfer process by giving your bank account details, and debit/credit card details. In case you want to pay in person or cash then your photo ID is also required at the office of Western Union.
Transfer Methods & Options Offered By Western Union
The fees, as well as exchange rates, are depending on the combination of transfer methods that you choose as well as the country. Here are some of the transfer methods available at Western Union Money transfer:
- Sending channels – The sending channels available with this money transfer company are a website, application, mobile phone, as well as in-person.
- Payment modes – The payment options offered by Western Union are bank accounts, discover debit/credit cards, cash available at in-person locations, visa as well as MasterCard.
- Delivery options – The options for delivery are bank deposits into a particular bank account, cash pickup for locations like a retail store, bank, etc.
- Every transfer limit – This depends on various factors such as destination country, the transfer history of the person, the speed of the delivery, the payment method chosen, as well as location limits of the agent.
What are the prominent countries to send money to via Western Union?
The most popular transfer route is the US to Mexico corridor. It has a market share of over 20%. However, the most used remittance corridors are India, Pakistan, Mexico, the Philippines, and Nigeria.
Types of transfers one can make via Western Union
- Bank transfers
- Cash pickups
- Mobile wallet deposits
How much time does Western Union take to transfer the money?
It may take a minute to 2 days to deposit the money. It entirely depends upon major factors such as:
- Pay-out method: If someone has chosen a cash pickup or mobile wallet option then he will get it within a few minutes. However, bank deposits will take over 3 days to process the payment.
- Payment method: If you have chosen a debit/credit card to pay for your transfer then it will deliver faster than a bank transfer.
- Destination: It depends upon the country where you want to send money. If it’s a remote country then it will take longer than usual.
Does it have a mobile app?
Yes, it has a mobile app that can easily be found on PlayStore or AppStore. From the app, one can easily access over 200 countries, track transfers, locate its agents, check historical transactions, get in touch with the customer service agents, reload prepaid cards, and much more.
Why should one pick Western Union for money transfers?
Whether you are a business owner or a personal user, Western Union offers incredible features that will help you to transfer money without facing any problems. Here are the reasons:
- The company uses the WU EDGE platform that enables you to import vendor invoices right from the accounting system to the Western Union platform to make payments. It is a great solution to monitor international payments without facing any problems.
- The company helps you to make a risk management plan as per your business. You can consult the team at Western Union for further details.
- You can easily get payments from your international as well as local clients in your own currency.
- One can pay international vendors or employees using a streamlined payroll service that enables you to pay on time and efficiently.
For personal users
- One can easily transfer money to family and friends across the world
- One can pay for services and products worldwide
- It can be used to pay tuition fees
- One can pay daily or monthly bills hassle-free.
- It can be used to pay mortgages and loans
Here are some of the pros of Western Union money transfer mentioned below:
- It is a massive as well as well-established company where you don’t need to fret about anything.
- You can see the transfer fee upfront which offers you the freedom to see everything in front of your eyes.
- It has low fee charges for bank-to-bank money transfers.
- It is super simple to use as it has a user-friendly website as well as an app.
- There are various ways to transfer money online, via phone, application, as well as in person.
- You can pay the transfer amount via bank account, debit/credit card, as well as a wire transfer.
- In the case of debit/credit card transfer, the amount will reach the receiver within 1-2 working days.
Here are some of the cons of Western Union money transfer mentioned below:
- It is one of the highly expensive money transfer companies.
- Its nominal transfer option is a bank-to-bank which takes a lot of time to reach the recipient.
- As compared to various other transfer companies, Western Union has low limits for daily transfers.
Western Union is one of the leading money transfer companies in the world. It offers various benefits to the users which you can hardly get anywhere else. The company has various methods to transfer money and offers a quick and convenient transfer service. Also, you get the chance to see your transfer on the go. There are various other features of this company that are beneficial. It has proven to be a one-stop for all transfer-related issues and is trusted by millions.