Alamo Car Rental
Car rental service has become an important service for tourists in a new city or destination, daily commuters, and for frequent travelers traveling from one place to another, etc. With rising traffic, temperature, and fuel prices, car rental services become more convenient and comforting for many. At times, it’s quite difficult to drive from one state to another in the US due to the long distance. In such a scenario, one can save energy and relax by sitting at the back by renting a car. However, finding the best car rental service in the US is quite a task.
In the last couple of years, the market has been flooded with so many car rental service providers that it’s quite cumbersome to pick the best. Most people especially daily commuters want something which is quite hassle-free, quick, clean, and value for money. Alamo is one such car rental service covering all these aspects without charging a bomb. The brand has been growing with each passing day and introducing new technologies and features unlike its competitors.
How Alamo Started Its Journey?
The company was born way back in 1974 with an aim to offer affordable car rental services to people without facing much inconvenience. It was the first in the industry to start a real-time internet booking engine followed by an online check-in system. The brand wanted to cover all the popular and hottest destinations in the US, Mexico, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean.
At present, the company has various branches in South America, North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Oceania, Africa, etc. Currently, it has over 250 branches all across the US and worldwide.
It is owned and operated by Enterprise Holding, and headquartered in Clayton, United States. The president and CEO of the company, Chrissy Taylor has taken the company to new heights.
How To Rent A Car With Alamo?
The best part of using Alamo is that one doesn’t need to make much effort while booking a car. It’s just like a cakewalk. The process is quite simple.
- First of all, one needs to signup with a unique username and password on a website or an app.
- Secondly, one needs to enter a pickup location followed by the date, time, age, and any special services required. In case, one has a discount coupon or a corporate discount code then enter it to avail of the benefit.
- Now, one gets several options from low to high, including a special offer, Drive Happy Deal.
- You can choose your preferred vehicle type and price. However, a Drive Happy Deal is the most affordable one for budget riders. Here, you get the cheapest deal without the option of selecting your favorite car.
- If you will pick an option to choose the preferred car, then you will get to see two options, Pay Now or Pay Later. The former option comes with a special discount and the condition of being non-refundable. The latter option will cost you a lot but allows you to cancel the ride before check-in.
- You will also get an option of Extras. It includes several options such as insurance, any extra equipment required by a passenger, a toll waiver, a fuel service option, etc.
Alamo Exclusive Features
- Alamo is the only car rental service that offers over 1500 locations all across the world in over 78 countries. It also offers an option to search locations on its website and an app.
- The car rental service provider offers special hotel points or airline miles with the help of its 19 partners. However, the points are subject to some fee that you need to pay while earning points from some specific airlines or hotels. The fee ranges between $0.75/day and $5.25/day.
- The company offers a special 5% Alamo Insider discount to all its customers.
- It also offers rotating featured deals to help customers save dollars on their next booking.
- The company also offers special last-minute deals, exclusive one-way offers, and special discounts on international rental services.
- Alamo also runs a special Business Program. However, one has to signup with its partners such as National or Enterprise.
- Alamo also runs special deals and offers for all types of organizations in the world. Whether it’s for convocation, conventions, meetings, or conferences. It offers special fares and prices if there is a requirement of 10 or more cars. Some of the exclusive benefits of such special program-based deals are unlimited mileage, vehicle selection, frequent traveler rewards with special airlines, round-the-clock emergency roadside assistance, etc.
- If someone works in the US military, or is a federal government employee, then he/she will get special car rental rates along with some benefits during their official as well as leisure trips.
- Alamo offers a special TollPass Service that saves a lot of time for customers. One doesn’t need to wait in long queues. Simply use electronic toll express lanes to pay tolls electronically. However, the service is subject to the location.
For US military and government employees and personnel, the company offers the following travel benefits:
For business or official trips
- No extra driver fees
- Collision damage waiver
- Frequent traveler benefits and privileges
- No underage driver fees
For leisure trips
- Special discounted rates
- Frequent traveler benefits via travel partners
- Family member discounts
How To Buy A Car From Alamo?
If you are someone who is planning to buy a new ride at a highly competitive price then visit Alamo. It offers all its used cars through a partnership program with the Enterprise Car.
One can easily buy a car right from the fleet of the Enterprise or Alamo at amazing prices. One can choose from over 7000 low-mileage cars, trucks, and vans from various brands and models.
Every vehicle is ASE-certified which is an inspection test by a professional team of technicians. Along with that, each vehicle comes with a 12 limited powertrain warranty along with a 7-day buyback guarantee.
Alamo offers around the clock customer support service
One of the best parts of Alamo is its excellent customer support service. The company leaves no stone unturned to address customers’ concerns, queries, and issues round the clock. It offers support via different channels, including:
A list of FAQs
- Reservations number: 844-354—6962
- Customer service number- 844-357—5138
- Alamo Insiders number- 855-533-1197
- Customers with Disabilities- 800-651—1223
It has different channels and departments to address all types of customers with their different concerns.
Things to Keep in Mind While Renting a Car From Alamo
There are certain important things that one should keep in mind before renting a car from Alamo.
- A person must be at least 21 years of age. However, it’s not the condition if you are a US defense or government employee/personnel, or if you are staying in the New York State of Michigan.
- If you are seeking a specialty vehicle then you must be over 25 years of age.
- While adding an extra driver to your car rental bond, the daily fee increases and costs you around $12/day.
- In states like Michigan, Missouri, California, Nevada, and Illinois the spouses become an authorized drivers automatically if they are meeting age criteria and driver’s license eligibility.
- There are two fuel options that one gets while booking a car rental service from Alamo. The first one is Upfront you need to pay instantly for a full tank of fuel. Here, one doesn’t get any kind of refund for unused gas, thus, it’s recommended to give it back as empty as possible. The second option is Full to Full wherein one can easily return a car with a tank full of fuel. One can pay the amount by the end of the contract for the used fuel.
Aloma’s Payment Options and Policy
Aloma doesn’t accept cash, especially during the initial phase at any of its locations. It only accepts MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover cards. However, one has to present the card they are using to make prepayment along with a valid driver’s license to get a successful rental service.
Aloma’s Cancellation charges and policy
If you will cancel the booking then you will be charged:
- $50 in case it’s cancelled beyond 24 hours before the pickup time.
- $100 in case it’s cancelled within 24 hours of the pickup time.
The company usually offers a 29-minute extra time for late returns. If, it’s returned two to three hours after the mentioned time then hourly charges are applicable.
Why Pick Aloma Car Rental Service?
If you are looking for competitive prices, hassle-free car rental booking, easy-to-understand membership, exciting discounts, good coverage, and reputed car rental service then simply pick Aloma. The best part is that it offers a variety of cars, trucks, and vans to choose from. One can also buy a used car from its fleet. And, with the help of easy rental policies and round-the-clock customer support, your journey is covered and assured.